Sunday, December 5, 2010

Kenpo X

Kenpo X
The slow pace of the warm up in Kenpo X is extremely misleading in comparison to the rest of the workout because it is so slow and calm and that's exactly what I like about it. However I did not like the yoga positions that were thrown into the warm up. I liked how we didn't have to repeat any of the exercise - once they were done they were done and that was great but there were just so m any different exercises that were basically the same - if that makes sense.

Twist and Pivot - I think this exercise could get a little out of control. I defiantly wasn't doing it correctly. I just felt like I was flailing around. I found it hard to twist my feet and move my upper body. I'm a little uncoordinated I would say. - 25 each side.

Twist and Pivot with Hook Upper-cuts - A little better when adding the punch but still not so into it. 25 each side.

Jabs - By this point my arms were already tired. It wasn't hard - I'm just lazy and have week upper arms. -25 each side.

Jab/Cross - I liked this one. I just slowed it down a bit compared to the video and I imagined punching Tony Horton each time because he is so annoying in this video.

Jab/Cross/Hook- I really got a sense of a rhythm with this one and it was easier to follow along with everyone in the video. - 25 each side.

Jab/Cross/Hook/Upper-cut- The rhythm really increased adding the upper-cut. My arms were really killing me at this point. I decided to take a little break. - 25 each side.
I didn't participate in the running - I took a seat. I wasn't in the mood to bring it.

Jumping Jacks - I did them slowly. And wasn't sure what those jumping jacks then turned into ?

Step Drag Punch high & Low - I'm not coordinated enough for this exercise. Between the complications I'm having with the workout and Tony Horton's mouth - I wasn't enjoying the workout.
The chanting was a little too much for my liking.

Jab/Cross Switch - Not a bad exercise, but I didn't feel like I was getting anything out of it.

Hook/Uppercut Switch - felt more of a rhythm with this one but still not feeling much of a workout burn except for tired arms.

Knee Kicks - I loved this one - minus the sound. It was a nice change of pace in the workout and I started to get into it.

Ball Kicks - I wasn't very good at turning my front foot and I was feeling a little off balance - but I like the kicks for sure.

Side Kicks - Dragging the heel was a little rough seeing how I'm doing my workout on carpet. I did a few but not 30. I got really distracted with Tony's shoes.
I most certainly was not running in place during my break.

Back Kicks- I couldn't get my like to go back very far but I tried to participate. I think my kick was more of a side kick rather than a back kick.

Three Direction Kicks - I am worst at the back kicks in this one - they killed me!

High Sword/Low Hammer- I am too slow for this one. I don't think I would have liked it even if I was getting it right. I don't get much out of exercises like this one.

Step Drag/Claw/Low Punch - I really had to slow it down for this one and mute it. I am really not a fan of this exercise or any of these exercises that aren't kicks for that matter.
Again - I decided to sit during the break instead to continuing to move. At this point I wanted to quit.

High Blocks - This killed my arms. I like it though I was really feeling the burn from the workout.

Inward Blocks - I didn't like this one as well as the high blocks and at this point I was just suffering through.

Outward Blocks - My arms were just a burning - I had to pause and take a break. I wish I could have just kept going because there wasn't much time left but I took a break.

Downward Blocks - This one wasn't as tiring. I didn't mind it but I didn't think I needed to do 30 so I didn't.

Star Blocks - All I can say about this one is just unnecessary. I'm not going to lie I only did like 5 of these and started my break early.

High Block/ Low Punch - Same as all those other stupid block ones - I think it was just too many of the same exercise.

Knee/Back Kick - Wasn't too bad of an exercise but I'm going to have to work on back kicks.

Back Knuckle/Ball Kick/Back Kick - Too fast, especially towards the end of the video.

Hook/Uppercut/Low Side Kick - same as the above - I was way to tired at this point

Elbow Series- I liked this one. It was a nice ease towards the end of the video.

Vertical Punches- over a hundred, get real. I stopped at 30. It wasn't too bad but my arms were extremely tired.

By the end of this video I had an extreme head ache - I hated it!

No comments:

Post a Comment